About Nubra Valley !
The Nubra Valley lies north of Leh and is accessible over the Khardung la (18,500 feet/5,600 m), one of the highest motorable roads in the world. The Valley was on the caravan route from Leh to Kashgar via the Sasir and Karakoram passes. Apart from unparrelled trekking opportunities, the valley houses several Buddhist monasteries such as Sumur and the 350 year-old Diskit gompa, famous for its murals.
The Shyok River (a tributary of the Indus river ) meets Siachan River which form a large valley that separates the Ladakh and Karakoram Ranges. The carpoet elevation of Nubra Valley is around 10,000 ft. i.e. 3048 metres above the sea level. Nubra valley is much warmer than Leh valley as this is bit on lower altitude and large sand dunes around.
Major Tourist attractions in Nubra valley !
- Driving over Khardungla Pass - highest in the world
- Diskit Monastery - approx 350 Years old
- Chamba Statue
- Zamskhang Palace Ruins
- Sumur Village & Panamic Hot Spring
- Yarab Tso Lake
- Hunder Sand Dunes
- Bacterian two humph Camel ride
- ATV Bike ride
- Trekking over Lasermo Pass and around Nubra Valley
- Mounatin Bike around Nubra Valley
- Motor Bike Safari
- Jeep Safari via Khardungla / Warila and Shyok
- TurrtuK village visit - Last on LOC
- Fair & Festivals
- Photography in Summer and Winter
- Snow leopard Trail chase